Sunday, February 27, 2011

Junkerific Thrifty Finds

So, I have decided to re-design the girls' room into something fabulous. The look I'm going for is sort of modern, trendy, shabby chic with a vintage vibe. A lot of color inspiration has been pulled from rooms like these:




(More can be seen HERE

I ventured out to a couple of my favorite thrift stores... looking for basically anything that caught my eye. In my mind, I was looking for nice vibrant colors that would stack well together, and hopefully not look like I just grabbed a bunch of random junk and stuck it in the room. (Which, to be honest, I'm not worried about.) Once I incorporate the textiles I'm sure it will flow nicely... until then, I've been scouring blogs and Etsy for inspiration that I can hopefully replicate (in a cost efficient manner, ya feel me?). As much as I'd love to go crazy at Anthroplogie, I'd rather keep the cash in our account and have a little scavenger hunt to achieve this fabulous look. Besides, then I get all the bragging rights, right?

Here's what I grabbed today!


Here's the group. 

This mirror/wall hanging was $10.

This embroidered muslin piece was $4.00. I'm going to back it with a soft minkee and have it draped over a vintage child's chair (that was actually mine when I was little... and it was vintage then! Ha!)


This bowl was $4.80 and the tray was $5.00. I loved the colors of both. 


This corner stand was $9.00. I was going to repaint it, but I kinda of liked the scuffed up look once I cleaned it. 

This is a 70's food tray. I might make it a magnet picture board. Was only $2.00

I actually had 2 matching pictures to this, so I had to buy it. I'm going to steal the 2 I had hung in the bathroom and hang them in the girls room. $8.00 (which I thought was steep considering I got the others at a yard sale for $2.00 total). 

This is a tin food tray. I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but the colors were so vibrant (even under a layer of dust) I had to get it. 


Well there you have it! I'll be sure to update as I complete projects in their room. I have a feeling it's going to be a LOT of sewing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment